Plantar Fascia is one of the most common orthopaedic problems that People develop these days. Severe pain at the bottom of heel is the prime symptom of this issue. The pain never keeps on bothering one for 24 x 7. But the moment it occurs, it leaves one severely pained. Orthopaedic specialists are the one who treat this issue accordingly.
Symptoms of the Orthopaedic Issue
There is a thin ligament present at the bottom of the heel that links the heel with the toe. The ligament also works as a support to the arch of the foot. The very ligament is called Plantar Fascia and when it gets injured or torn, it causes severe pain at the bottom of the heel.
- The very type of orthopaedic issue causes severe pain at the bottom of heel. If the issue is troubling you, then especially after waking up in the morning, you would be shocked by the severity of the pain.
- The pain can also occur after you start walking after sitting for long. The same kind of pain can trouble you when you walk after standing for long at a place.
- If you maintain a fitness regime, then during working out, you would not feel any pain. But the pain will occur after your workout session.
General causes of the Paining Heel
- Drastic increase of pressure to the thin Plantar Fascia is the main reason behind this orthopaedic issue. This is why; you can develop the same if you are obese or overweight. You can also get the pain if you put on a lot of weight during a short period of time.
- During pregnancy, women automatically put on weight really fast. And this is why; a lot of women come across the very type of pain. Especially during the final days of pregnancy, this pain turns severe.
- Those who have unusual foot shape can develop the pain too. Those who have flat feet or higher arches than others, often complain about having trouble with pain in heel. If tendons attached to the calf muscles become tight, the pain can occur for that reason too.
- To men and women who are above 40 years of age and are involved in jobs that require high activity, often develop heel pain. This is why waiters and waitresses and factory workers above 40 years of age have strong possibilities of being challenged by this issue. Women get diagnosed with this issue more than men.
- Keep wearing a shoe that is worn out and doesn’t pertinent an individual’s foot well can also develop this type of problem.
Ultrasound devices get used locating the severely damaged areas of the ligament. Medication, injection and painless electrical shockwaves get used to treat the damaged or tattered ligaments. A patient can be asked by the doctor to practice certain exercises as well to ease up the pain.
This orthopaedic issue is not only painful but in many ways, it can harm your professional and personal life. This is why, it is always better to get it diagnosed, once you come across the symptoms.